I am considering in round numbers the words contained in the English language, plus the few I know in French and Italian, and wondering if I can distill all of those many thousands into just 2,000 in some semblance of order that will do the following:
- draw a reader’s attention
- keep a reader’s attention
- share something with the reader that is new, or said in a new way
- give the reader something she or he did not did not know or not think of until now
- describe what I see as accurately as possible
- bring the reader along the journey with me
- be true to the subject, tell the story
- be true to me, and
- be true to the reader.
No pressure. None whatsoever.